More Naomi fun and games..

Naomi & all other arcade tech questions forum
OldFoo

More Naomi fun and games..

Post by OldFoo »

So had some mates round on friday for BBQ and a go on the games, after a few hours the Naomi cab froze up, it's never happened before so I switched it off back on and all was fine, a bit later on it did the same again, hmm this carried on until it got so bad it would reset, boot up reset, etc.

I have had the game on for a few hours today and all seems ok.

Only things that I can think of so far are, Friday night was very hot, when I took the front glass out of my Jamma cab to turn the screen you could feel the hot air coming out, or a voltage issue, I have metered the cab today and get a steady, CN1 12.16, 5.12, 3.34 CN2 5.12, 3.34.

Any Ideas??

Regards

Gareth
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

I'd say heat was the culprit. When there's too much heat, you get random freezes and reboots. As it gets hotter, these happen more and more often. Heat affects both the system processors and the PSU. When you tried it the next day, your system acted normally. If there is no fan exhaust on your cab, you should probably consider adding one.
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

Cheer for the reply, I might even pop the cover off the naomi just in case its full of dust and or the fans are grubby to, that wont be helping it.

Cheers

Gareth