Control Panel I/O's........interchangable?

Naomi & all other arcade tech questions forum
OldFoo

Control Panel I/O's........interchangable?

Post by OldFoo »

Well, someone once told me that there were a couple of games that the control panel's I/O could swap with...I think it was outtrigger and the pool game or something....and I MAY BE WAY OFF!!!!!! lol...I just thought I remembered hearing that.

Anyways...seems that I have come upon an extra Dynamic Golf CP that is missing the track ball. I was wondering if I could use the I/O and make my own CP for a different game....since I already have a working golf CP.

just a thought :)
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

Several games use the spinner/track ball I/O that V Golf uses.

Such as Out trigger, Shoot out pool/pool prize and probably a few others.

You'll never find a shootout pool though, they are ultra rare to find, also it was a UK only release from what I was told by Sega.
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

So I could use this I/O and make myself an outtrigger CP?

If I got that stick and trackball for the out trigger game, how hard would it be to put this thing together if I had a blank CP and the I/O?

I am not too worried about the pool game, but do have this out trigger cart laying around and the out trigger CP is $355 shipped from coinop. I think I could make it for less.

is the trackball a specific type?

what type is the stick? how many buttons on it?

how does the stick hook up? to the i/o or to something on the sega non jamma i/o?
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

You can actually play Out trigger, using one regular control panel and one virtua golf panel.

Out trigger is just the following:

Virtua Golf trackball I/O setup

8-way digital joystick with trigger and thumb button

1 start button

So in theory you could mod a v-golf pane to be a out trigger panel.
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

AndyGeezer wrote:You can actually play Out trigger, using one regular control panel and one virtua golf panel.

Out trigger is just the following:

Virtua Golf trackball I/O setup

8-way digital joystick with trigger and thumb button

1 start button

So in theory you could mod a v-golf pane to be a out trigger panel.

THANK YOU!!!!!

I am going to try it :)
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

If you can't get a normal two button joystick you could always take a tron stick and put a thumb button on it.

This is really cool. I had no idea you could do that.
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

gamejunkie wrote:If you can't get a normal two button joystick you could always take a tron stick and put a thumb button on it.

This is really cool. I had no idea you could do that.

I am going to have to figure something out, lol....but damn, that trackball is going to be harder to track down then I thought. Happ trackballs are everywhere, but not sega trackballs.