Friggin Error 27!!!

Naomi & all other arcade tech questions forum
OldFoo

Friggin Error 27!!!

Post by OldFoo »

This error has haunted me ever since i got my gd-rom set up. I have now tried it in three different cabs with three different power supplies and im at my wits end. I have had it for over a year and never got it to work properly, despite having it work sometimes for weeks at a time and then nothing.

Unless anybody has any other suggestions, i will get rid of this friggin dimm board. It is a Sega Net Dimm board, sometimes it works, sometimes it doesnt. I'm 99% sure that it is the dimm and not my other stuff.

Is a semi-working dimm of any use to people here? I though that considering it was the sega-net version it might be able to be canabilised to turn a non-net dimm board into a net vers.

Sorry for the incoherancy of the post but this is the last straw for this POS! :smt011 :smt013 :smt013 :smt013
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

:smt006 Hi, Berty! Have you tried reseating the memory dimms? It sounds like you might be having intermittent contact on your chips. If that doesn't work, get new memory for it.
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

yeah i have been through all of that before when i first got it. I set it up with new simms and also tried cleaning the old ones.
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

I'm getting the same error :smt011
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

Is yours also a Net type Dimm?
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

joshua3dg wrote:Is yours also a Net type Dimm?

Woops sorry Berty sent me his dimm board to test, I think I got the problem down to a faulty memory simm.
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

Berty,

was this dimm set bought from USC, I saw his packing label under mine :smt017

I once bought a dimm board from him that only half worked :smt011
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

The pics you've all been waiting for:

OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

RESULT its fixed Bertys dimm!!!
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

I had to remove what I think is a faulty stick of memory, it has no markings on it to say what MB it is, but the other stick says 256MB on it, which I've left in when it got flashed, I'll try both sticks of memory in it later to see if they both work now its been flashed upto 3.17.