Error 22

Naomi & all other arcade tech questions forum
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

Mr-Megalo wrote:only in MvC2 ;)

sorry, I dont, only excellentcom.net - they sell them seperately ( i think)

no one ever did comment if a standard cable would work
Yes! A standard scsi cable will work. It's a high density connector (HD50 I think).

:smt006 BTW, Borman. I've found that if you use a GD-ROM setup, and there is no communication between the Naomi and the I/O, it will give you this same error code. Try swapping out with another USB cable.
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

I'm fairly sure the cable has to be under a certain lenth otherwise it will not work.
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

USB specification states that it cannot be above a certain length. I think less than 7 feet.
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

I thought this was a SCSI problem not USB :smt017
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

It is a bit odd. Usually, when the Naomi does not detect the I/O, it gives you the appropriate error message. I had once forgotten to plug the USB cable to the Naomi. When I tried to boot from the GD-ROM, I got an 'Error 22' message. I frantically checked the cables, disc, dimm module and voltages when I saw the disconnected USB cable. After kicking myself for not noticing, I plugged the cable and everything worked fine. :smt102
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

The offical SCSI cable is 700mm, and from what I've been told, anything greater than the 700mm is prone to potential data packet loss.

Stick to the offical cable, like many cables, do not buy cheap alternatives.
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

You have any updates on this, Borman? I'd like to know what you came up with as the fix. :smt006