A Few *MORE* Questions From A Naomi Virgin!

Naomi & all other arcade tech questions forum
OldFoo

A Few *MORE* Questions From A Naomi Virgin!

Post by OldFoo »

Hi all,

I've been browsing the forum for a day or two now & I must all these pictures of your set-ups are making me green with envy!!! :smt120 I must get me one ( or more! ) of these systems as soon as possible, to that end I have a number of questions ( most of which I assume are going to be simple ) which I'd like clearing up;

-Where do you guys get all your amazing :smt055 marquees from as I've been looking around a few places & can't seem to find anywhere which sells them?

-Most of the places only seem to sell the software on its own, how easy is it to find kits complete with artwork, etc?

-I've been looking at a few complete system kits at various places ( namely coinopexpress ) & most of them appear to be the Asian versions, what does this mean?

-Most of the CP boards I've seen are 1 player only, how easy is it to find 2 player boards?

-At the moment I only have this cabinet http://hardmvs.com/xml/usa/MVS-4-25v1/MVS-4-25v1b.jpg - how easy is it going to be for me to make this into some kind of dual setup cabinet so I can keep the MVS 4-slot in there as well as a Naomi? Is this even possible or am I dreaming!?

-Odd question this one, what is the optimum number of buttons for a CP to have per player as I reckon I can only realistically look at getting one CP board for now & would like to be able to play as many games as possible from it?

I realise I'm asking a lot of, probably, very basic questions but I appreciate any help or advice as I'm new to the whole cabinet business.

Thanks in advance for any help,

ph0rce
Last edited by OldFoo on Mon Aug 21, 2006 3:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

-marquee : i got mine when buying the game.

-yahoo auction japan is a good place to find fullkit : some guys on this forum can surely help too.

-i don't think there's any asian version for naomi setup : only jap, us & export.

-6 button per player cp will let you play most game ; if you're not in capcom or snk fighting games, a 3 one should be enough.
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

Thanks for the reply, do any games actually come with a six button 2 player cp? Or is that too much to ask!

This link indicates that the kit is Asian, what would the difference be between a Jap / US kit & this one. Or does it actually mean Japanese??

http://www.coinopexpress.com/products/p ... t_159.html
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

Ikaruga plays in Japanese only.
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

Ive got the same cab as you do, for now I just take out the games from the MVS, and set the Naomi setup right on top of the 4 slot board heh. Not the permanent setup, but it works fine.
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

The mess until the other cab is set up :P
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

Ha ha, that's brilliant. Reckon I can see my setup looking like that permanently as its going to take some serious bargaining to get my other half to allow me a second cab!! :smt009

Is it really as simple as plugging the JAMMA connector into the I/O port?

Do you have a seperate power supply for the Naomi or can it be powered off the one in the cab already?

Out of interest, how come your Naomi is blue, all the ones I've seen are white??
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

Naomi 2 is blue, Naomi 1 is white. Naomi 3 is pink :smt019 Okay joking about the Naomi 3.
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

Use the capcom IO, it will save you an assload of trouble lol. Makes it so you dont need a powersupply. The capcom IO just pops right on the Jamma harness, and off you go (as long as all the other wires are hooked up, but those came with my IO :P) The only "mod" I had to do to the cabinet was to cut the little piece that held the Jamma harness close to the cabinet, gives it more room to move around :)