MVC 2 repair question

Naomi & all other arcade tech questions forum
OldFoo

MVC 2 repair question

Post by OldFoo »

Some of you may remember that I posted a thread about a dead Marvel vs Capcom 2 cart. Well, anyways, I was wondering if its possible to fix a dead Naomi cart somehow. The problem is bad roms, but since they aren't socketed, I wasn't sure if a repair was possible. I was going to just buy another cart, but they seem literally impossible to find. I saw one on ebay yesterday, but it disappeared :smt009 Anyone have any ideas or suggestions?
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

if one of the maskroms is fooked, you're in trouble... looks like the cart might be fixable if you find another dead game that has the maskrom in good condition... plus you need to be able to desolder and resolder it without killing it... lets say you need a new one... sorry :|
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

If necessary, you should be able to find a pin-compatible eeprom or eprom, program it up, and wire it in. If there is a pin-compatible eeprom in the same package type, you're laughing. Otherwise it might get messy, but should still work.

Anyone know of a (E)Eprom that would do the trick?
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

Its going to be a 64MBIT OPR mask rom, no eeprom of type even available, and if so, would cost more than the cart as you would need a state of the art burner.

So answer, is buy another cart.

IF it was sold as working, then that is bad. :smt018
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

Thanks for the replies guys. Looks like I'll be searching for another cart.
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

I bet its that cart that Meg first got a few years back, its be going round on ebay for a while now....
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

Actually, I've had several people from neo-geo.com send me PM's telling me that they've either seen or owned the cart before...even confirmed the serial number :smt009
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

lordviper63 wrote:Actually, I've had several people from neo-geo.com send me PM's telling me that they've either seen or owned the cart before...even confirmed the serial number :smt009

Well, can you tell me the serial number so I make sure not to buy it after give it away or something? :smt042
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

This cart started off in Canada, then went to the UK, then to the US, each time with a new story.....
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

if it is the same cart I bought from newera as "works sometimes" was I the only person who was honest and actually sold it as fucked ? ? it certainly never worked for me on any of my setups

I remember selling it with a fucked motherboard for about a tenner

wasn't this the cart Bill sold ?