Quick VF4 Evolution question

Naomi & all other arcade tech questions forum
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

Great! Thanks for the heads up on that. I'm gonna grab one and give it a try, and I'll let you know how my Model 2/3 stuff looks on it. Sure beats spending $600+ for an actual med. resolution monitor!
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

should be worth noting, that device doesn't upscan 24k >31k, its for 15k > 31k only
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

Meg is right, this is no good for med res PCBs, so do not waste your money.

Its also has problems with certain 15K PCBs, my advice get a Tri-Sync monitor, although even Tri-sync monitors have problems with some 15K PCBs that use strange VHz

Tri-sync monitors look great on 24/31K though.
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

Ah, thank you Meg and Andy. Any idea where I can get myself a tri-sync monitor?
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

Location??

Europe = Pentranic.co.uk

USA = Wei-ya dist, forgotten the company, but Bob knows.
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

alva amusements in Miami Florida perhaps ?
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

Hmm, ok I called the tech support guy at MAS Syatmes here in the US. They sell a monitor that is supposed to be medium resolution and support horizontal scan frequencies of 15.1kHz to 25.0kHz. However, this guy is telling me that games like Virtua Fighter 2 use a VGA monitor and that it won't work. Here's a link to the particular monitor I'm talking about: http://www.massystems.com/RGBMonitor.html

Isn't model 2/3 resolution something like 496x384? I know the monitor in my Daytona 2 cab doesn't look like no VGA. Does this guy just not know what he's talking about, or am I missing something?
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

LOL @ Massystems, VF2 is medium res EGA , not VGA Hi Res

that is a dual res monitor, so no it wont hadle VGA signals, only CGA (15k RGB Std res) or EGA (medium res, ala Model 2/3)

contact Alva amusements - they sell tri res monitors, which do CGA15k, EGA 24/25k and VGA 31k - one of my customers is awaiting a Wei Ya chassis from them for me to convert his 29" Nanao Egret 2 monitor from Dual res to tri res, but they sell full monitors aswell as chassis's
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

Mr-Megalo wrote:LOL @ Massystems, VF2 is medium res EGA , not VGA Hi Res

that is a dual res monitor, so no it wont hadle VGA signals, only CGA (15k RGB Std res) or EGA (medium res, ala Model 2/3)

contact Alva amusements - they sell tri res monitors, which do CGA15k, EGA 24/25k and VGA 31k - one of my customers is awaiting a Wei Ya chassis from them for me to convert his 29" Nanao Egret 2 monitor from Dual res to tri res, but they sell full monitors aswell as chassis's

Do you know much does it cost for a complete tri res monitor?
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

Thanks Mr-Megalo...its good to know that monitor will work. I'd like to get one of those tri-res monitors from Alva, that way I could use it for my Naomi stuff too. The thing is, I'm using a supergun, so I basically need some kind of housing for the monitor. If that one I linked to will work, that may be my best bet. Thanks again for all of the help.