Quick VF4 Evolution question

Naomi & all other arcade tech questions forum
OldFoo

Quick VF4 Evolution question

Post by OldFoo »

I've got a really quick question. I've got a Virtua Fighter 4 Evolution cart that requires the export bios. The thing is, it can be a pain changing the bios all the time just to play the game. So my question is, does the GD-Rom version require the export bios as well? Also, apart from the initial load, are there any differences between the cart/GD Rom versions? Thanks guys.
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

GD Rom version requires Japanese Naomi 2 BIOS
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

Cool I'm pretty sure thats the one i got with my Final Tuned. Thanks man.
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

So you've got FT but want to get Evo working :smt017
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

Actually, I do have it working, I just don't like changing the bios all the time. Don't get me wrong...Final Tuned is better, no doubt about it. I'd just like to own all version of Virtua Fighter 4.
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

Both VF4 & Evo carts are based on version A, on the Gd-rom there is A,B & C on VF4 & A & B on Evo, there is slight changes in each 1, bug fixes ect, they all work with the same chip

FT also has a A & B, but I think B is far more common than A.
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

Cool thanks for the info. I'm actually trying to collect all of the Virtua Fighter series, not just 4 - I've got VF2 and VF3 pcbs sitting in my room...just need to get myself an appropriate monitor to play them.
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

lordviper63 wrote:Cool thanks for the info. I'm actually trying to collect all of the Virtua Fighter series, not just 4 - I've got VF2 and VF3 pcbs sitting in my room...just need to get myself an appropriate monitor to play them.

If you're interested, there's a 15k/24k to 31k converter board on ebay.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 0021085606
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

So wait, if I'm reading this correctly, that little board will convert the medium resolution of model 2/3 games so that I can play them on my VGA monitor?...cause that would save me quite a bit of money. This will definitely work?
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

Yes! It would work quite well. Since I use a similar converter, I can recommend it's use. Depending on the model, you can make adjustments from color and brightness, to screen size and position.