Overheating Problems

Naomi & all other arcade tech questions forum
OldFoo

Overheating Problems

Post by OldFoo »

I just setup Virtua Golf in my universal cab on a Naomi 2 mobo and ever since I've been having overheating problems (at least that's what I think it is). Basically, the game screen just totally goes blank and if I cut it off and let it set awhile, it works fine. I've never had the problem before and I'm guessing it's just overheating (cab is located in the garage where the temp is roughly 85 F this time of year). The fan in the cab runs when powered up, but it just appears to be inadequate. If I take the back cover off and blast another fan in there, it appears to work without any issue. Any thoughts?

Thanks!
OldFoo

Re: Overheating Problems

Post by OldFoo »

OldSchoolNeo wrote:I just setup Virtua Golf in my universal cab on a Naomi 2 mobo and ever since I've been having overheating problems (at least that's what I think it is). Basically, the game screen just totally goes blank and if I cut it off and let it set awhile, it works fine. I've never had the problem before and I'm guessing it's just overheating (cab is located in the garage where the temp is roughly 85 F this time of year). The fan in the cab runs when powered up, but it just appears to be inadequate. If I take the back cover off and blast another fan in there, it appears to work without any issue. Any thoughts?

Thanks!

Hi Sam,

Maybe check the voltages on the Power Supply 1st.

The output may go down as machine heats up.

If that does not work....

If I am correct you've got a couple other cab's ;)

Try swapping parts out with other cab.

My order would be

1) MoBo

2) DIMM

3) Power Supply

Regards

Bob
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

Thanks for the advice Bob. I'll try some of my other mobos to see if it makes a difference. As you know, it's been so hot the past few weeks and I think the cooling fans just are not up to the task. The fans are so week, that they appear to be a design flaw.

Sam
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

OldSchoolNeo wrote:Thanks for the advice Bob. I'll try some of my other mobos to see if it makes a difference. As you know, it's been so hot the past few weeks and I think the cooling fans just are not up to the task. The fans are so week, that they appear to be a design flaw.

Sam

Hey Sam.

Your not joking about being HOT.

I sold my Virtua NBA cart and told buyer I would ship next Tuesday.

I figured I had 3-4 days to play it to decide it I will buy another one in the future but my NAOMI's are still in my garage and I can last about 15 minutes down there in the heat before I call it quits.

(I think I am going to have to buy another V-NBA in the furture)

I am hoping to start tearing down my NAOMI for the clean and getting them inside into nice climate controlled environment this weekend now that it has cooled down a little.

Regards

Bob