Virtua Golf control panel

Naomi & all other arcade tech questions forum
OldFoo

Virtua Golf control panel

Post by OldFoo »

Given I get the correct connectors can I use a standard trackball, and buttons and make my own cp for virtua golf? I keep looking butpeople seem to want alot of money for those cp's
OldFoo

Re: Virtua Golf control panel

Post by OldFoo »

N80G80 wrote:Given I get the correct connectors can I use a standard trackball, and buttons and make my own cp for virtua golf? I keep looking butpeople seem to want alot of money for those cp's

I'll let you know soon. There was discussion on using a regular track ball but needing to invert something in order to play. I bought the little chip and a trackball, but I need the arcade stick with trigger and top button to get the project going. I am making an Outtrigger CP, but it's basically the same question. I guess I could try it on golf with just getting the trackball up. I will give it a go this weekend and let you know.

Everyone said it should work "in theory" LOL!

Oh, and you will need to get the naomi trackball I/O, which is why the CP costs so much I guess. My buddy game me an extra golf CP, but it had no trackball or buttons. It's all worth a shot, but you can't get the CP working on the system without the I/O that is hooked up to the virtua golf CP.

I AM BY NO MEANS AN EXPERT OBVIOUSLY!!! just going on what I was told and hope I got it right. I am sure someone will come in and correct me if a screwed something up. lol
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

thanks for the reply e-mail me some pics if and when it works show me everything if you can
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

will do.. :D
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

pulled everything out today but am missing some parts to make the wiring setup.

If anyone else is reading....do you think the pinout on the X and Y boards on the trackballs will be the same?
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

Yes, as they both use the same optic PCB! ;)