Intial D Card Reader Problem

Naomi & all other arcade tech questions forum
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

new problem...

I solved the problem on the first naomi2, connection error, solved by moving the jumpers as in the picture.

Now test card r / w on another naomi2 with same bios ... I still give connetion error ...... jumper in photos ... what else can it be? thanks :smt010
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

ALLPRO wrote:new problem...

I solved the problem on the first naomi2, connection error, solved by moving the jumpers as in the picture.

Now test card r / w on another naomi2 with same bios ... I still give connetion error ...... jumper in photos ... what else can it be? thanks :smt010

help :smt017 some secret solution? :D :smt006
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

resolved
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

ALLPRO wrote:resolved

What did you do to resolve this? Currently having problems with my initial d reader, hooked up correctly, jumpers set on n2 mobo but "communication error" :smt017
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

Spectre wrote:
ALLPRO wrote:resolved

What did you do to resolve this? Currently having problems with my initial d reader, hooked up correctly, jumpers set on n2 mobo but "communication error" :smt017

change the mobo :smt009
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

Maybe, some Naomi 2 are not fully supporting serial protocol, you know they will work when they have the serial sticker on the mainboard.
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

Have just got the probe out, voltages going into the reader fine, continuity between card reader and cn8 on the n2 filterboard fine. Am running out of ideas beyond mobo or reader having an issue.

Have just checked under the dimm board on my n2 mobo, can see four stickers the same as those in the picture on page 1 of this thread, third one down says serial.

:smt120