Error 24 GD rom not found

Naomi & all other arcade tech questions forum
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

I agree if you get it non-working it was alot of money for nothing. As soon as I get my kit I will let you know how it is.
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

Keep in mind that there are two different Naomi GD drive versions.

One of them is a newer version.

Only on one of the drives you can do a 1:1 DC-Naomi drive swap (which you will find out once youve got your DC and Naomi drive disasembled), the other drive version is built differently and will require you to fully pull apart the DC gd drive.

This should help. http://www.aussiearcade.com.au/showthre ... ight=naomi
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

Unfortunately, you have to be a member to see this page. :smt012
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

joshua3dg wrote:Unfortunately, you have to be a member to see this page. :smt012

so? join up!

I wrote that page (badly) I have since found that it is possible to swap the boards around but it takes alot of stuffing around.
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

mine got shipped... i'm crossing my fingers...
OldFoo

Re: Error 24 GD rom not found

Post by OldFoo »

markedkiller78 wrote:
When I hook up the GD drive it;s getting power & the disk is spinning, but Error 24

I've having this problem now as well. It loaded up CVS2 (thanx Starke) into the dimm then after the reset it gives me the error 24. Since I had some extra GDrom lasers sitting around I decided to swap them. Afterwards everything went great, played some CVS2. However, when I decided to play some GGXX it gave me the same error 24 again. Also, I've been getting error 26.

Did any of you guys have so many problems with your setups? Also when you've got a game loaded up, how long does that game stay loaded?Do you switch off your system between plays?
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

Inside the DIMM BD there is a 7v battery, that battery keeps the loaded game data on the RAM while the hardware is off, if it's off for over 72 hours it deletes the data.

If your DIMM battery is dead, it will have to load up the game to the RAM everytime you turn the setup on.

I had to replace the GD drive in my setup, no biggy as I had an unused DC laying around.
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

Lachlan wrote:Inside the DIMM BD there is a 7v battery, that battery keeps the loaded game data on the RAM while the hardware is off, if it's off for over 72 hours it deletes the data.

If your DIMM battery is dead, it will have to load up the game to the RAM everytime you turn the setup on.

I had to replace the GD drive in my setup, no biggy as I had an unused DC laying around.

I've heard that this battery can be charged by just leaving the naomi running.. Is this true or do you simply need to get a new battery?
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

Yes, the battery charges while the game is on. It takes several hours to get a full charge, but that's easy in an arcade environment.

** Keep in mind! **

If you leave the system on all day, reboot the system and it reloads the disc--then that means the battery no longer takes a charge. It doesn't necessarily mean there's anything wrong with your setup.