Putting NAOMI+GDROM in an Astro City

Naomi & all other arcade tech questions forum
OldFoo

Putting NAOMI+GDROM in an Astro City

Post by OldFoo »

Hi there,

I'm thinking about buying an astro city cab on offer... but I'm wondering if there is anything I should know before hand in regards to getting it ready for NAOMI.

Right now I assume I need the following:

NAOMI-BD

Dimm Board

GD-ROM

Sega PSU

Capcom IO

Do I need the IO board or any other kind of funky/special wiring in order to get things rolling? (Like things terminated with special AMP connectors....)

The cabinet has a trisync with VGA in.. so that shouldn't be an issue either.

Also, about 6 button support... should the cabinet be wired up for a kick harness or is there a better way to have it done?

OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

Yup, looks about right. Although, if you want true stereo sound then you will need that RCA to AMP connector that ECL sells. If you have the capcom IO then having a kick harness is a must for those 4+ button games.

I just recently crammed my naomi gd setup into my new astro and boy was that a tight fit!
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

I'm not too worried about audio because I have all of my cabs hooked into a stereo reciever in my office... so worst case I have it on my big speakers directly from the BD instead of the cab :)

How did you lay the components out on the wood board in the cab?

Would you mind taking a few pics of it so I can get an idea what I'm up against?

Also.. how did you mount the gdrom inside of it?

OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

I mounted the gd drive on its side; i.e. i made an L-shape bracket and screwed it onto that. Ill have some pics up soon.