Toshiba CRT in Naomi Universal

Naomi & all other arcade tech questions forum
OldFoo

Toshiba CRT in Naomi Universal

Post by OldFoo »

After ages of thinking I had a 29" Nanao 31Khz... I finally looked at it with the back cover removed when I rotated it last week....

I don't see any branding on the chassis/pcb, but the tube says Toshiba on it.

I've never heard of Toshiba CRTs in NAOMI cabs... is this normal? (It had this CRT when I got it)

And also, is this a decent CRT? (I looks good enough to me at least :)
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

probably a Nanao MS29-32 - is the CRT curved or flat ? what colour PCB is the monitor chassis ?

Toshiba is usually just the tube manufacturer, unless of course you have a tri sync Toshiba

Sanwa didn't use Toshiba tubes - at least not to my knowledge

just to clarify, my dual Nanao MS29SU tube is Toshiba, and I am sure my Tri Sync Nanao MS29-31 is Toshiba, aswell as my 31k only Nanao MS29-32, but i'd have to remove the back to confirm

also Toshiba tubes/chassis found in Konami Windy 1/2
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

It's a 31k only curved tube. The PCB is light light brown(pale?)ish, and has headers which connect "natively" to the JVS stuff in the naomi cab. (For adjustment switches and deguass, etc)

The chassis has no metal plates, but two "bars" that run in parallel over the back of the tube. (With this white plastic thing over them, to protect the components)
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

Toshiba D29C051 monitor was used in Sega new net citys

What you have in yours is Nanao MS2932, which is indeed a class monitor.

Sanwa only uses China CRT tubes on the Sanwa 31ES and Samsung on the Med Res ones.
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

You can see here that Sega & Toshiba are Sanwas main customers.

http://www.sanwael.co.jp/hp/english/company/index.html
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

Awesome, thanks for the info :)