Silent Scope 2 : Fatal Judgement Hardware error -11P issue

Naomi & all other arcade tech questions forum
OldFoo

Silent Scope 2 : Fatal Judgement Hardware error -11P issue

Post by OldFoo »

Hi all,

I am having an issue with the Hornet board of a Silent scope 2 : Fatal Judgement Cabinet.

All the startup tests report good and when the game is supposed to start i am having a 'HARDWARE ERROR(-11P)' displayed.

I know we re a few having this error but as far as i know, nobody found a working solution.

If you can fix it (or know someone that can), please lmk.

Thx!
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

The problem is with the NV Ram. It's situated on the top main layer on the right hand side. It's a SGS M48t58. Usually they just get corrupted. The only problem is that it's soldered on the board and the supply pins are multi-layered. With a lot of patience u can remove it without destroying any tracks. I would suggest a socket is fitted after removal. This is important! u need to know what version pcb u have UUA or UA or EA. Just re-program the Ram and the pcb will work. If you program it with the wrong version the pcb will come on but say"Security Check Error". I do have a UA version on file. PM me if u need it. I am looking for a EA version. BTW when the board starts up it will say what version it is
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

Thanks for the info but i sent the board to Craig for repair. I ll check the version when it comes back and let you know if i have EA.
OldFoo

Have you found the TimeKeeper for SS2 EA version?

Post by OldFoo »

hitech wrote:The problem is with the NV Ram. It's situated on the top main layer on the right hand side. It's a SGS M48t58. Usually they just get corrupted. The only problem is that it's soldered on the board and the supply pins are multi-layered. With a lot of patience u can remove it without destroying any tracks. I would suggest a socket is fitted after removal. This is important! u need to know what version pcb u have UUA or UA or EA. Just re-program the Ram and the pcb will work. If you program it with the wrong version the pcb will come on but say"Security Check Error". I do have a UA version on file. PM me if u need it. I am looking for a EA version. BTW when the board starts up it will say what version it is

If you have this timekeeper please could you send me a copy? please

I have the Silent Scope 2 EA 931 board with the error 11

My mail is dml_ki2@yahoo.com.ar

Thanks
OldFoo

Re: Have you found the TimeKeeper for SS2 EA version?

Post by OldFoo »

DML wrote:
hitech wrote:The problem is with the NV Ram. It's situated on the top main layer on the right hand side. It's a SGS M48t58. Usually they just get corrupted. The only problem is that it's soldered on the board and the supply pins are multi-layered. With a lot of patience u can remove it without destroying any tracks. I would suggest a socket is fitted after removal. This is important! u need to know what version pcb u have UUA or UA or EA. Just re-program the Ram and the pcb will work. If you program it with the wrong version the pcb will come on but say"Security Check Error". I do have a UA version on file. PM me if u need it. I am looking for a EA version. BTW when the board starts up it will say what version it is

If you have this timekeeper please could you send me a copy? please

I have the Silent Scope 2 EA 931 board with the error 11

My mail is dml_ki2@yahoo.com.ar

Thanks

He said he has UA and he's looking for EA.
Last edited by OldFoo on Fri Jul 15, 2011 8:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

Hi Guys. I do have both the EA and UA versions. Fell free to PM me and I will gladly mail it
OldFoo

SILENT SCOPE 2 error 11P

Post by OldFoo »

Hello

I have also Silent scope 2 with error 11b . My board is 931 EA , ver 1,03 . And I need file for NV RAM ( 8kb long ) . I send some private messages , but still waiting for answer . Does anybody have this file to share .

Thanks

Franci from Celje in sLOVEnia

percic.franci@gmail.com or pegas43@hotmail.com
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

Hello everyone. I am new here on this forum, normally i repair pinballs, not arcades.

I also am looking for a dump of the NVRAM from Silint Scope (EA version).

Can someone help me.
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

Hello

benboogaard4c - I send you file on pm . I am glad that I can help someone. As I am happy when I get some help from others.

BR to all on this forum

Franci from Celje