Sega Naomi GD Rom Security Key question.

Naomi & all other arcade tech questions forum
OldFoo

Sega Naomi GD Rom Security Key question.

Post by OldFoo »

Does each GD Rom have it's own Security Key (The one you put in the Dimm Board) or can you interchange some Security Keys with other GD roms? In other words do some security keys work on other gd rom games?
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

Each game has its own chip.
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

And each chip has a specific serial number, so you can still recognize them when they are not neatly kept together with the GD-ROM.

http://www.sega-naomi.com/serials.htm
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

Thank you guys.

After comparing the Sega Naomi Street Fighter Zero 3 Upper to the CPS-2 Zero 3. Even though it has all the characters from T.Hawk to Guile, I like the "feel" of the original CPS-2 better. The timing is more smoother especially for Guy. He is so much easier to use in the CPS-2 then in the Naomi. I have no idea why.
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

superguile wrote:Thank you guys.

After comparing the Sega Naomi Street Fighter Zero 3 Upper to the CPS-2 Zero 3. Even though it has all the characters from T.Hawk to Guile, I like the "feel" of the original CPS-2 better. The timing is more smoother especially for Guy. He is so much easier to use in the CPS-2 then in the Naomi. I have no idea why.

Nobody likes the Naomi version over the CPS-2 one, the timings are all wrong and the resolutions is inferior.