daytona usa 2

Naomi & all other arcade tech questions forum
OldFoo

daytona usa 2

Post by OldFoo »

hi all i was wondering if i could put boards into a san francisco rush game to convert it to daytona usa 2 im not exactly sure what i need or if its even possible just wanted to ask before buying all the stuff not to mention how many boards and what boards do i need to do this heres a pic of rush to get an idea of what it looks like

and im having diffuculty finding a replacement monitor its a 27 in medium res monitor i was hoping to go for lcd but cant seem to find one doese any one know were i can get one or know if i can repair the old one as of right now the screen shows only yellow, has scan lines running across it and blurs when left on

thanks for your time and help in advance

:D
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

I would not buy this cab to put Daytona 2 in. You will need all electronics + force feedback driver PCB + the original CP. The original CP will not fit this cab out-of-the-box, so a LOT of work.. and if the monitor seems buggy/faulty, please think twice ;-)
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

i already have this game and cab its fully functional i was just courious if it could be done if not which kind of cab should i look for i dont have many options were i live so i was trying to use what i had and what is a "CP" never heard that abreviation and thanks for your advice i prob will try to find a better cab

as far as the monitor goese it was working and recently started the yellow screen thing im figuring the monitor is on its last leg just wanted to know if i could save it before i chunk it and buy a new one
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

Burn it
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

What you can do with your cabinet is to use the genuine happ motor with a logitech wheel (PC/PS2/PS3).

the original project is here : http://www.gamoover.net/Forums/index.php?topic=20242.0

you probably can't play to Daytona 2 but model2 emulator works (with ffb enabled). and All PC/PS2/PS3 games...
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

don't forget... for your cab, the 25khz of your screen didn't work with a PC or console. You need ta monitor which can accept 31Khz or 15khz signals.
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

CryingFreeman wrote:What you can do with your cabinet is to use the genuine happ motor with a logitech wheel (PC/PS2/PS3).

the original project is here : http://www.gamoover.net/Forums/index.php?topic=20242.0

you probably can't play to Daytona 2 but model2 emulator works (with ffb enabled). and All PC/PS2/PS3 games...

Be aware; if this cab is still used to earn money, you cannot use an emulator (illegal) :smt018
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

yea i know it for home use only it would be intersting to turn it to work with a ps3 ill look into it thanks for you help