A few Questions about getting my new NAOMI2 Running.

Naomi & all other arcade tech questions forum
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

Yeah, I've looked into it, seems a bit difficult to be honest. And expect to pay thousands of yen to get it here! Who knows, I'll see what I can do
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

KI4SWY wrote:I never said to power n2+gdrom thru capcom I/o

I know ;-) But it is (imo) allround a better solution to just power the Naomi2 seperately. Even when no GDROM is attached.
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

krfkeith wrote:Yeah, I've looked into it, seems a bit difficult to be honest. And expect to pay thousands of yen to get it here! Who knows, I'll see what I can do

I occasionally buy from Yahoo Japan, and use www.shoppingmalljapan.com as a broker. It is quite easy, actually.. but yes, shipping these items will be relatively expensive.. :smt012

Everything you need to set up your Naomi can be found in the Market section on this forum as well. Perhaps not right now, but these are general items, and come along very often..! Just check the Market section, or place a WTB for the items you need.
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

krfkeith wrote:Ok, I see a Triforce board on Yahoo auctions, would the stuff with it included in this picture be enough to get my NAOMI2 up and running with a GD-ROM?

For the Naomi, you will need a DIMM board to connect the GDROM drive to the Naomi. The DIMM board is missing in the Triforce setup in the picture (the Triforce pictured has the DIMM board built-in).

I would not bother buying that setup and shipping it all the way from Japan to complete your Naomi setup (unless ofcourse you can get it all for 2000 yen or so ;-))