Getting Tekken 5 DA to work in my Naomi cab

Naomi & all other arcade tech questions forum
OldFoo

Getting Tekken 5 DA to work in my Naomi cab

Post by OldFoo »

I have a dedicated US naomi cab. Started its life as a Zombie's Revenge. Anyhow, I've got this working perfect. VGA, stereo sound, and all the buttons. All but four of them. That's right, the kick buttons. I'm using the USB from the system 256 to the naomi controller board, but none of the wires coming from it seem to be giving me kick. I have the JVS adapter, but I can't hook power up to it (I'm assuming this is needed? I can't get the kick buttons to work through it, either).

What the hell do I do? :smt011
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

you have the JVS kick loom that you can get from Andy or Craig? and if so it only operates the bottom 3 buttons, not four of them?

Is your Zombie Revenge an analogue panel?
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

ok so as I understand it you have a naomi and a 256 basically living in the same cab...but you're trying to convert one over to the other....ok the I/Os don't work exactly alike so there can be some issues there if you do'nt really know what you're doing of course...the kicks should be able to be made function through your kick harness...both the sega and namco I/'Os have a place for that I believe...so just find the plug, find the pinout, and voila...kicks work...if your're using the sega card then the extra inputs are on CN3 area I forget which are which,,,bu t I think you would want somewhere in the pin 3-6 area(don't quote me on that)....once it has power and the proper hookups the kicks will work through the jvs...I use 2 of em myself....another option is to connect both systems in the same cab....here's a couple pics of mine(it's very very much a messy work in progress lol)

Image Image Image

the switches on back literally switch the power from one to the other(turn one off and the other on-for safety had to make it tard proof like that so my friends woudln't screw it up hehe)

The only shared components are the controls and the power supply and monitor and speakers. The controls tend to conflict with one another so need to install relays/switches, or just unplug the harness of the one you arean't playing...that's why they are so close together in the cab...no perfect yet(work in progress)but works good no real issues other than slight inconvenience...but I think I'm rambling at this point...

post up some pics of your setup and i'm certain we can get it all wired up.

feel free to msg if you need some help with it...always happy to try to help.

just realized...a bit of a necro...sry for that