Just Got Naomi Setup and Cant Get Picture Or Audio! HELP

Naomi & all other arcade tech questions forum
OldFoo

Just Got Naomi Setup and Cant Get Picture Or Audio! HELP

Post by OldFoo »

alright i hooked everything up and i cant get it to show any picture or audio. the candy cab runs cps2 and all other boards fine.... here are some pics.... I have a 15K monitor and the dipswitches are set to 1-up 2,3,4-down

i hope nothing is broken! please help me...
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

Does the fan on the Naomi mobo spin up?

Try reseating the cart and everything, ensure the bios chip is seated properly, hmmm not sure what else really....
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

from talking to him, sounds like voltages are low. 2.5v on the 3.3v and about 4v on the 5v, going into the IO, would be my guess its too low ????
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

Never tried this myself, but maybe try plugging the stereo cables into a stereo instead of the I/O of course only if the fan spins up etc but it might help you narrow it down.
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

I talked with Ryan / bogard85 today about it too.

He says the mother board Red and Green lights are coming on.

Probably the I/O cause it sounds like the Motherboard is working.

He told me that Dip switch 1 is up and 2,3,4 is down so that eliminates

the dip switch issue.

Only problem for him is he doesnt have another Motherboard or Capcom I/O around to trial to see which piece of hardware is failing him.

So He Cant do a process of elimination test.

Unless one of u guys have another suggestion???

englishman_in_plantcity ?? Did u test the board before u sent it to him?

what did u test it with?
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

the voltage does seem low but im using an analog voltometer since thats all i have.... also i dont know how to adjust it.... i dont see anything in the cabinet to adjust plus im scared i may do it wrong.... i just dont know what to do and dont have enough experience with this setup to confidentally correct this issue......

all my other games work fine like cps2, atomiswave and various jamma boards.....

i appreciate all your help guys.....
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

AcademyDL wrote:I talked with Ryan / bogard85 today about it too.

He says the mother board Red and Green lights are coming on.

Probably the I/O cause it sounds like the Motherboard is working.

He told me that Dip switch 1 is up and 2,3,4 is down so that eliminates

the dip switch issue.

Only problem for him is he doesnt have another Motherboard or Capcom I/O around to trial to see which piece of hardware is failing him.

So He Cant do a process of elimination test.

Unless one of u guys have another suggestion???

englishman_in_plantcity ?? Did u test the board before u sent it to him?

what did u test it with?

yes the board came out of my crazy taxi and I took the pics/vids of the game running prior to pulling the board, so I know thats fine :)
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

when i check the voltage with a analog voltometer the readings appear to be

11.1 on the yellow

4.1 on the red

3.1 on the brown

is this the issue... if it is im not sure how to change those readings.... If there is a knob how do i change 3 readings with one knob?

are those voltages low enough to not get any video or sound but get the naomi to spin?

Here are some pics of the inside of the cabinet... where would i adjust the power settings if thats what i need to do...

OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

Check the right side of the PSU (the side you did not photograph :-)) for voltage adjustment potentiometers (often somewhat hidden, only visible through a hole in the casing).

Naomi will not boot using too low voltages.
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

if thats the case i dont know if i can get to it... i dont have a key for the lower right door that collects the coins... and i dont see how i can get near the knob you speak of without opening that door....i break the lock if i have to.... man this is a headache.... Again im using a analog voltometer and im not that well experienced in this stuff. i certainly dont want to blow anything....

is it odd that my cps2 and atomiswave boot up no problem wit my current voltages but naomi with the capcom i/o will not?