Naomi 1 + GD: Picture dropping randomly + other questions

Naomi & all other arcade tech questions forum
OldFoo

Naomi 1 + GD: Picture dropping randomly + other questions

Post by OldFoo »

Hi,

I recently aquired a Naomi 1 + GDrom setup with a Sega v2 I/O jamma converter to run Ikaruga on my Atomiswave SD cab.

Mostly the game works very well but I have had a few technical hiccups and wondered what might be causing them:

Mainly the problem I'm having is the picture will suddenly drop about halfway down the monitor at any time, I think it might be a cable or something but if I turn the system off then power it on again without adjusting anything then sometimes it comes back fine again and others halfway down the screen.

The cables do seem a little loose on the system generally because the GDrom sometimes wont power on unless I nudge them.

Another issue I've had a couple of times is a freeze in Ikaruga, both times it happened near the start of stage 3, the music keeps playing but the whole game freezes, dunno if this is a game bug or not but it's kind of annoying.

Anyway a random assortment of questions but any help would be very much appreciated. I've only run Cave shooters in the cab prior to this but never had any problems with it.

Thanks,

-Sycada
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

I'd check the psu
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

Thanks!

I have a Sega I/O v2. Will this power the gdrom ok as well without the need for additional power? I checked the guide on here but it specifically didn't explain this PSU as far as I could tell.