Collin's "Wow, JVS is harder than I thought" Naomi

Naomi & all other arcade tech questions forum
OldFoo

Collin's "Wow, JVS is harder than I thought" Naomi

Post by OldFoo »

Okay, I need a help-me thread, as I just got Jason's Naomi Universal cab, and it's pretty sweet but I definitely need some basic help....

First question - it looks like there are two USB cables that plug into the board in the Control panel, based on the pictures I saw in the first place.... though I only see room for one USB cable to plug in on the Naomi mobo. What am I missin here?

Second - got an error message " Error. Jamma I/O board not found" - I'm assuming this is because it had been hooked up in a JAMMA cab with a Capcom I/O, and is now in a JVS cab - do I have to flip a DIP to change over from JAMMA to JVS or what?

Thanks

Collin
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

You can see on the left only need 1 usb on the JVS I/O but not sure if this relates to your cab, pics would help.

OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

Like 'thechop' was saying. You only need one USB cable hooked between the i/o and your Naomi mobo. The error message probably means that the i/o board isn't connected properly.

The 2nd USB on your JVS i/o is for analogue control hookup for use with a Dynamic Golf panel for instance.
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

thechop wrote:You can see on the left only need 1 usb on the JVS I/O but not sure if this relates to your cab, pics would help.
Awesome, thanks! That seemed like what needed to be done to me, but the previous owner had the second one hooked up (as below) but going to nothing:

(please let me know if a picture doesn't show up there; it's my first time linking from imageshack)

goatboy wrote:The 2nd USB on your JVS I/o is for analogue control hookup for use with a Dynamic Golf panel for instance.
Great to know that! Thanks!
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

Looks to me like the connector to the I/O in the bottom left corner is on the left socket when it should be on the right one, not sure if it matters but mine is on the right one not left.

I think it may be powering the right USB instead of the one you want which is the left.
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

thechop wrote:Looks to me like the connector to the I/O in the bottom left corner is on the left socket when it should be on the right one, not sure if it matters but mine is on the right one not left.

I think it may be powering the right USB instead of the one you want which is the left.
Cool! I couldn't tell from your earlier pic which one it was on. That pic is from the former owner who just used it as a cab to play Xbox 360 in, and I just hooked it up the same way he had it, so that may be an issue. I'm not sure whether or not I've tried hooking it up that way before, so I'll do that after work tonight, and maybe try a different USB cable as well!
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

Yeah the top right connector(yellow wires) is on the left of the 2 connectors and that one (red wires) is on the right, i'm sure that could well be the issue.
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

Okay, here are my connections to the mobo and I/O:

How does this look? Any noteworthy issues?

Also, in standard applications, should all 4 mobo dip switches be down?
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

The five pin connector on the bottom right (red and white wires) needs moving across to the connector to the right of it, thats all.
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

Got it.

Did some troubleshooting and discovered the issue is likely the Sega I/O board in the control panel. Anyone got a cheap Sega IO for me?