Do you need a separate power supply to run a Naomi GD rom?

Naomi & all other arcade tech questions forum
OldFoo

Do you need a separate power supply to run a Naomi GD rom?

Post by OldFoo »

I have a big blue Capcom Q Sound cabinet that I put CVS2 in. It's a Naomi GD rom that runs on a Capcom I/0.

When I start it up it runs fine but after 30 minutes the screen just goes gray. And then I turn it off and turn it on and then it does the same thing. I asked my friend and he said that you need to attach a separate power supply to the Naomi 1 motherboard and a separate one to the GD rom.

I always see CVS2 run off regular Capcom Q sound cabinets. I don't think they run the gdrom off a separate power supply.

Can some please explain how this would work?

Thanks in advanced.
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

Everything I've heard and read says the capcom I/O doesn't have the oomph to properly power a Naomi board and a gd-rom. Which apparently might have come from this very site, hah.

http://www.sega-naomi.com/Iframes/hardware_iframe.htm

I'd cut n copy the text but it acted a bit pissy when I tried. 'copyright, sucka!' Har.
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

Where can you buy that sega power supply unit? And does that unit work for American electrical outlet?
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

superguile wrote:Where can you buy that sega power supply unit? And does that unit work for American electrical outlet?

Best bet would be in the market section on this very forum. These PSU's are 100/110V, so should be usable without modification.