CHIHIRO : CAUTION 53 ....: (

Naomi & all other arcade tech questions forum
OldFoo

CHIHIRO : CAUTION 53 ....: (

Post by OldFoo »

hi...

recently ,i received the chihiro board (japan) ,with 512 RAM.

i used :

-a net booting chip for change the region

-a Outrun2 SP gdrom (GDX-0014A) export

when i start the board ,appears this:

caution 53

Wrong DIMM memory size setting

obviously, i changed the region to Export...

Anyone know about this message ...?
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

This error has nothing to do with the Region Settings, is related to wrong memory size configuration.

You can have Japan or Europe Settings with 512MBYTES or 1Gbyte of Memory.

You need to change the configuration Dip Switch for adjust the size of the internal memory, this switch is located in the Base Board, the one that contains the DIMM memory modules.

I don't remember exactly, but i think is JP5, the one that must be off for 512Mbytes of memory.
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

hi ,and thanks for your reply ... :D

you, or anyone have a link for a chihiro owner manual ...?
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

I don't know of a Chihiro mobo manual but the USA OutRun2 twin manual has most of the error codes defined, but not 'CAUTION 53' sadly..

http://www.sauservice.com/manuals/OutRun2/ORTTwin.pdf

It is probably to do with the jumper settings on the base board - but only dip switch settings for the game are shown in the manual.

I had a mass of problems with my board just because JP9 was wrong - couldn't even get into TEST mode!

OutRun2 should work on that board as it is a 512MB game - SP is region specific I believe so you're right to change to EXPORT or USA version. Non-compatible software will give a different error anyway.

Hope you get it sorted - post back with solution if/whn you do! ;)
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

unfortunely ,the error 53 continues....i change all switches in all possible positions ,but nothing ..... :smt009

anyone in the forum, with a Chihiro owners manual ...?? i need the dipswitch ...
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

When you say you've changed all dipswitches, do you mean the switches on the outside of the box (on the filter board) or the jumpers inside the box - I think you need to change a jumper..

Sorry if you've already tried this - just trying to work out what you've tried so far!

I can check all my jumper settings if you like, but I have 1GB installed in both my boards.

I'm having trouble with one of my boards at the moment too - can't get them to link - network status is reporting as BAD during test too :smt017
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

outrun2 wrote:When you say you've changed all dipswitches, do you mean the switches on the outside of the box (on the filter board) or the jumpers inside the box - I think you need to change a jumper..

Sorry if you've already tried this - just trying to work out what you've tried so far!

I can check all my jumper settings if you like, but I have 1GB installed in both my boards.

I'm having trouble with one of my boards at the moment too - can't get them to link - network status is reporting as BAD during test too :smt017

hi ...i changed the extenal dipswitches...

you have any idea about the internal DIMM pins/jumpers ...?
Last edited by OldFoo on Fri Jan 07, 2011 12:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

I'll get a photo of the bank of jumpers on my board - you need to open up the box (4 long screws in each corner and remove lid).

If android is correct you may need to move the JP5 setting to 'off' - we should see when I get the photo as if we're right mine will be 'on' as it is 1GB.

I'll post again later when I get a photo..
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

i changed the jumper ,but now ,appear this :

Error 34

Gateway cannot be found

hehehe ..that`s funny .. :D ,in the manual not appears this error ...like the error 53

seriously , i`m bored with this messages .... :smt019
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

I feel your pain!

Change jumper 9 - I'm sure I read that one is to do with GD-ROM/network booting. Whatever it's on now, change it over and it might work!