I got a problem with my coin slot.

Naomi & all other arcade tech questions forum
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

The coin microswitches (the microswitch that reads the coin) are locked for some reason. When I put it on test menu for my third strike and put it on the input menu, the coins are always pressing and they never release. It's weird because the coin microswitches are doing the opposite. When I press the metal wire on the coin microswitch the button is "off" and when I don't press anything the button stays "on". This is happening with all my coin microswitches on all the arcade cabinets I worked on. When I connect a pushbutton microswitch to the coin wires it works normally. It's off when I do nothing and it's on when I press it. Again this happens with all the cabinets I worked on and I used different coin microswitches. Even a brand new one I bought today.

So does any one know how to fix this?

Thanks in advanced.
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

Can you post a picture? Most microswitches have three terminals, one is used to connect the switch as 'always open'. One is used as 'always closed'.

In the above example, one of the two wires will always be connected to pin 1 (common).

Connecting the second wire to pin 2 will be equivalent to 'connect terminal 1 and terminal 2 by default, and disconnect when switch is pressed'.

Connecting the second wire to pin 3 will be equivalent to 'disconnect terminal 1 and terminal 3 by default, and connect when switch is pressed'
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

Any updates on this?
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

What game?

Chances are you need coin meter or 100ohm resistor on the coin meter input.

Coin operation generally will not work without coin meters - it's part of the Jamma/JVS Spec