sega jvs-jamma thing ver 2

Naomi & all other arcade tech questions forum
OldFoo

sega jvs-jamma thing ver 2

Post by OldFoo »

hi guys, i have just landed a sega jvs - jamma thing. i only have an egret2 to use just now so this seemed like a good idea. however.

does this power up from the jamma loom ???

how do i set a naomi 1 mobo to output at 15khz ???

i had a look and the thing i have is in the sticky for hardware. its the version 2 jvs - jamma adaptor.

would i need a different power supply for the gd rom ??? if so what voltage do i need ???

from what i see it looks like a simple plug in,but i thought i would check first. i will be going for my naomi games later.

should i be aware of anything ??? it will be getting fitted later today. im hoping its as easy as it looks. but any advice would be great.

cheers.

john bud
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

right im back.

i set the dips to 1 up 2,3,4 down. plugged in the adaptor, connected it to the jamma connector and fired it up.

im getting the sega music that you usually get but, the screen is only showing 1 inch lines of garbled rubbish.

before i start retuning monitors etc is there anything i should try ???

it does seem to be outputting something onto the screen but as said only 1 inch bars across the horizontal.

any advice would be great, im choking to get back into my hokum.

cheers.

john bud
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

Since the cab is JAMMA compatible, have you tried running a standard JAMMA game in the cab? Just to verify the cab/monitor is not defective.

DIP Switch 1 on the Naomi should be set to the 'ON' position to output 15khz, and in the 'OFF' position to output 31khz.
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

hi cageman, thanks for the reply.

the cab plays jamma games no problem at all. apart from 2 games raiden and raiden fighters. these might need the voltage adjusted slightly. i also run an f3 system through the cab again no probs at all.

i will get a meter out later today and check the voltage to the jamma connector. if need be i will adjust it.

i may also try to tune in the monitor, it does seem to have a picture of sorts.

thanks so far.

cheers.

john bud
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

just checked the voltage at the jamma connector, its sitting at 3.6v.

im now trying to find the pot to adjust the voltage, apparently its blue but i cant see it.

but why do my jamma games run at such a low voltage ???

i will try to get the voltage back up to 5.

cheers.

john bud
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

still no joy, ive got the voltage at 5.045v. im getting the naomi boot screen but i cant get a picture. the screen is vertical and showing about 6 screens all compressed. i cant stretch it out to 1. i have tried all combinations of dips but still no joy. im stumped. cheers.

john bud
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

still no joy with this thing, im starting to think its a sync problem, i will also replace the connecting cable just in case thats the fault.

cheers.

john bud
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

I've a feeling it may be a sync problem , i recently tried using a Chihiro mobo in my AWSD with a capcom I/O and it wouldn't sync no matter what i did yet in another cab it would, nothing i did would change it either.

Naomi works no problem though, i think these converters can be a little temperamental depending on the cab/psu etc, is there anyone close to you who's cab you can try it in to see it is working properly?
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

i might take it to the sharkfactors and try it in his cab. either that or i will find a member on jamma+ with a woody. the cab im using is an egret2, although i dont think that should make any difference.

cheers.

john bud
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

i might take it to the sharkfactors and try it in his cab. either that or i will find a member on jamma+ with a woody. the cab im using is an egret2, although i dont think that should make any difference.

cheers.

john bud