Virtua Tennis issues - rebooting

Naomi & all other arcade tech questions forum
OldFoo

Virtua Tennis issues - rebooting

Post by OldFoo »

I've got an issue with my new Virtua Tennis cart.

Basically, it gives the Naomi boot screen, says "Loading Virtua Tennis 31k," flashes the SEGA screen for a moment, and then resets. It will do this ad infinitum if the cab isn't turned off. All RAM and ROM checks come back good. Other games (MVC2 and Zombie Revenge) work fine in the system.

What would cause this?
Last edited by OldFoo on Wed Jan 26, 2011 1:22 pm, edited 3 times in total.
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

Also, if I swap to a JP bios, will that make my MVC2 and Zombie Revenge carts play in Japanese?

Basically, is language determined by BIOS or by cartridge?
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

BIOS region shouldn't matter with getting Virtua Tennis to work, it just changes the title to Power Smash if it detects a Japan BIOS instead of US. Make sure your cart is snug in the connectors and the cart is screwed down tight enough. What error does it give, and have you run a rom test?

The cartridges and GD-ROMs are the same for all regions AFAIK, so the BIOS determines language.
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

All he ram and rom tests come back good... game now gives Naomi boot screen, 'Loading Virtua Tennis' screen, flashes SEGA screen instantaneously, then resets back to Naomi boot screen.
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

MmSadda wrote:All he ram and rom tests come back good... game now gives Naomi boot screen, 'Loading Virtua Tennis' screen, flashes SEGA screen instantaneously, then resets back to Naomi boot screen.

Could be a bad security chip or mask rom on the VT rom board
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

The guy I traded with to get this game said it was tested working.... And I've checked the voltages to my motherboard and they all seem reasonable (within .1v at worst.)

Am I looking at a bad cart, or is there anything else worth checking?

Thanks

Collin
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

Dirt/bent pins?
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

I tried a gentle cleaning with a paper towel with some rubbing alcohol... still no luck...
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

No more ideas then, eh? :smt012
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

I take it its in a Naomi cab and not using a Capcom I/O?