ERROR 21 GAME NOT ACCEPTABLE BY MAIN BOARD

Naomi & all other arcade tech questions forum
OldFoo

ERROR 21 GAME NOT ACCEPTABLE BY MAIN BOARD

Post by OldFoo »

Oh shit, put the naomi cab on and got the above message, i then tried another game and the same problem.

So, tried another game, unplugded dim board, cables and put back in.Swapped to a EXP bios and tried V Golf and same problem???

Errrrr, any ideas????

Not happy!!

Gareth
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

Game Data (loaded from the Gdrom to the Dimm board) are corrupted.

Make sure that the Gdrom drive is firmly connected to the naomi board & make sure the Gdrom disk is not scratched.

oh and btw : Hi! :smt012
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

seems it may as Giles suggested, check the scsi cable is securely in place, I just had an error21 by nudging the scsi cable out of place on my GD setup
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

Well had another go, I have disconected the dimm board, cable re-seated the dimm's put it all back together and same thing :smt013

It loads the game up does the memory check thing puts up the Naomi logo then error 21, I can then go ino the test mode the Naomi ram test passes, and the Dimm board tests are all good, were you would go into the game test mode there is just some garbage text and if you try to go into it it just locks up.

Thats all four games that worked fine all have the same fault.

Hmmmm

Still not happy!!!!

Gareth
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

Check the voltage of your PSU.

:)
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

powervr777 wrote:Check the voltage of your PSU.

:)

Yep way ahead of you mate, turned back on and metered the thing all that seems fine, lo and behold game loads up and works fine, only problem is I have no idea what I did to get it working again, dodgy/dirty connection somewhere I guess or praps the SCSI cable is a bit dodgy.

Ho hum its working at the moment!! :) :) :)

Cheers for the help.

Regards

Gareth

much happier!!!