Chihiro type 1 and 3 questions.

Naomi & all other arcade tech questions forum
OldFoo

Chihiro type 1 and 3 questions.

Post by OldFoo »

I have a type one Chihiro set up and it'll run VC3/HOTD3/Ghost Squad its export region, now if i try and play the same games on my Type 3 export Chihiro it says game not compatible with mainboard.

I'm feeling its something very obvious but its bugging me.
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

Only games that will not offically work on a Type 3 is

HOTD3

CTHR

The rest will all work on Type 3 just fine.
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

Its 1GB could it be a memory thing?
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

Seems i hadn't changed the bios to Export when i thought i had, silly me VC3 is now running aok.
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

AndyGeezer wrote:Only games that will not offically work on a Type 3 is

HOTD3

CTHR

Hi,

Andy (or anybody else), what about games that won't work on Type 1?

i read somewhere that games where you can link 2 mobo (driving games for example) won't work, because of missing LAN support, is it possible to add network card and have a type 1 working with every games?

thanks
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

sebbz wrote:
AndyGeezer wrote:Only games that will not offically work on a Type 3 is

HOTD3

CTHR

Hi,

Andy (or anybody else), what about games that won't work on Type 1?

I read somewhere that games where you can link 2 mobo (driving games for example) won't work, because of missing LAN support, is it possible to add network card and have a type 1 working with every games?

thanks

Just giving my view on it, but you're right, Outrun 2 works on a Type 1 Chihiro but only provides linking on a Type 3. I think that it's mainly to do with the different hardware inside, but it still seems odd to me. Why would you add more Etherports onto the board when the Xbox has one built in.. surely they could have used that instead. :smt102
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

found on a spanish forum:
He de decir que el crazy taxi high y el house of the dead 3 se puede correr en las chihiro type 3 pero solamente por netbooting o por compact flash
translated:
I have to say that crazy taxi high and house of the dead 3 can be run in chihiro type 3 but only by netbooting or by compact flash
right ? HOTD3 & CTHR on CF are working on type 3?

may all games be working on type3 by simply adding CF kit?

EDIT:

from andy's site:
Compact Flash games available:

House of the Dead 3 (Type 3 edition, all regions)
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

sebbz wrote:found on a spanish forum:
He de decir que el crazy taxi high y el house of the dead 3 se puede correr en las chihiro type 3 pero solamente por netbooting o por compact flash
translated:
I have to say that crazy taxi high and house of the dead 3 can be run in chihiro type 3 but only by netbooting or by compact flash
right ? HOTD3 & CTHR on CF are working on type 3?

may all games be working on type3 by simply adding CF kit?

EDIT:

from andy's site:
Compact Flash games available:

House of the Dead 3 (Type 3 edition, all regions)

Hi, yes this post is part of my Net* Guide on the Spanish forum Retrovicio, but here this stuff is Taboo.

The post you quoted is from my friend Marcos, on the Spanish Retrovicio Forum, he is also a member of this forum under the nick CrackStation.

On chihiro type 3 with a CF Interface, you can run all the Chihiro Games, including those of Chihiro type 1, like THR and HOD3, only is necesary a small trivial patch on those games for run on CHihiro type3.

I now very well how the CF loading process works on Chihiro, after more than 6 moths working on it, i developped my own patched firmware for Chihiro that allows me to load any Chihiro game with any brand of CF Card, using the Sega CF reader unit, but for the moment that's only for private use, maybe one day i will release it :smt004
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

android wrote:Hi, yes this post is part of my Net* Guide on the Spanish forum Retrovicio, but here this stuff is Tabu
yes, i know the rules about this. it was only for compatibility purpose.

i have a maze of the king cab that i want to upgrade.

As i hope having a driving cab later (twin if i can), i looking for the type that run both games :)

what about compatibility with previous cab?

in naomi gun cab & naomi driving cab(ID1, 2 or3), does chihiro a special IO?

thanks, now i know that i need a type 3 :)