DIMM memory upgrade

Naomi & all other arcade tech questions forum
OldFoo

DIMM memory upgrade

Post by OldFoo »

If I am going to upgrade my DIMM to 512 from 256 do I need to change the jumpers on the DIMM board? Does anyone know the correct configuration for 512 vs 256 on a NET DIMM.

thanks
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

Plug & Play. No need for any config changes.
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

I have 512 in my DIMM but only 256 is being recognized. I read on another post that Andy Geezer said there is some dip switches to change. But he didn't say which.

Here is the post where he says there is some dips to change when upgrading memory.

http://www.sega-naomi.com/forum/viewtop ... mory+games

Anyone with a good 512 Dimm can take some pics of their dimm dip switches? Thanks
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

I am speaking from experience. I've upgraded to 512mb and I didn't have to change anything. There is a high likelihood that one of your memory modules is either not seated correctly or not working at all. Take out one of the dimm modules and power the system to see if 256mb is recognized. If all checks out, swap modules and repeat. One of them may cause an error. If no error occurs, then it is a 'seating' problem.

If, despite all of this nothing changes, let me know and I will post my jumper configuration.