Moved: DIMM Board Failure.

Naomi & all other arcade tech questions forum
OldFoo

Moved: DIMM Board Failure.

Post by OldFoo »

My Apologies,

I opened my original topic in the wrong section.

I have a NAOMI 1 with normal DIMM board and GD-ROM setup. I have played a few games on it so far including SFZ3u, CvS, MB, and GGXXReload.

I just purchased Capcom vs SNK 2, and it won't load for me. Specifically when the system starts to boat up I get the NAOMI screen, and then the grey NAOMI GD-ROM, Initializing System, Please wait.... and then it just sits there.

I tried loading SFZ3u again and now it gives me the same behavior. Do you think my DIMM Board has died?

If I disconnect the GD-ROM from the DIMM board and power up it will tell me that the GD-ROM isn't present.

If I take the security chip out and power up, it gives me error 26. So it seems to at least notice the DIMM board is installed.

I tried using the Test Menu for the DIMM Board test. It fails at 0% saying that it timed out. I have now opened the Board and reseated the DIMMS, they were not loose though.

I have tried reseating the DIMM Board in the MB multiple times. I do not see any bent pins in the sockets on the MB or the DIMM board.

Any thoughts?

Thank you,

Jon
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

Have you taken a look at your voltages while the system is on? When dealing with mid-run failures, the voltages are the first culprit. Keep an eye on the voltages all the way until point of failure to make sure.