Naomi cp Connectors

Naomi & all other arcade tech questions forum
OldFoo

Naomi cp Connectors

Post by OldFoo »

Where can I get the connectors that are in line between my control panel and the capcom io in m cab? They are white, fifteen pin (I think) that are labeled JP1 and JP2 (I THINK, damn, I'm not at home...)

Really all I need is the io-side ends with wire...

Thanks ya kindly!
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

I think what you need is AMP UP connectors, and I was either going to suggest Giz10p or AndyGeezer's shop, but neither seem to have 15 pin AMP connectors.
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

OldFoo

That's it...

Post by OldFoo »

Brilliant! Thanks gents..
OldFoo

Wellll

Post by OldFoo »

I looked to those links, and theeeen I've been out of commission during a surgery, soooo...

They aren't exactly it, which may not matter, but thought I'd keep trying.

This is what I have:Image

The only reason I care is I'd PREFER to get multiple system-side connectors to fit my existing control panel-side connection;ie. instead of having to replace BOTH m and f sides, just get more to make connections for dig gent needs: hacked console pads, PC interface,etc.

Which brings me to: Is it crazy to think I could find these exactly? How are these terminated? Special tools? Especially if I need to go the all-new route. I know, i know, I'm practically helpless.

Thanks guys
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

Those are Molex connectors. A well stocked Radio Shack will carry them (good luck on finding one, as most RSes have mutated into cell phone stores). Places like Mouser and Digi-Key carry them online.

I think you mean 'crimped' not 'terminated', in which case RS sometimes carry the crimper needed, and you can usually get by using a pair of needle-nose pliers.

You need to make note that you have a US cab when you post, as they are wired differently than European and Japanese cabs, which most on this forum seem to have.
OldFoo

Yikes

Post by OldFoo »

I was amazed that I didn't put anything re:US model, I feel like I've been careful to note this as this DEFINITELY seems to be the exception here.

I guess I mainly think of the materials and construction of the CAB and not having much difference on electronics side...

Thanks, hopefully i can track em down...

Casey
OldFoo

Well

Post by OldFoo »

I guess I need two.

Two female for sure, one each for connectors PJ1 and PJ2(shown). So I can quick swap the existing Naomi CP into a prewired jpac for MAME. I dunno how they come, itd be nice to have two PAIR I guess to allow for m/f sides for two setups I guess. But really those females at least.
OldFoo

Hmmm.

Post by OldFoo »

I don't know them to be ORGINAL Naomi, but they are what came on my cabinet, a big heavy mdf heavy metal geomatrix. Its all in the cab real clean, like installed from kit, so I'd assume it original, but yeah, they're two of the same, 15 pin, 3x5.

How do I go about adding pins? Cos I modified the cab to add buttons 5+6 on both sides so those four buttons bypass the molex, and if this is going to work, I need em all through it...there's no pins on the m side, no "sheath"(?) on the f side.
Last edited by OldFoo on Tue Apr 19, 2011 12:19 am, edited 1 time in total.