HOTD (the original) with a graphics problem

Naomi & all other arcade tech questions forum
OldFoo

HOTD (the original) with a graphics problem

Post by OldFoo »

I have an original hotd machine that I acquired a few years ago as scrap, the game was in perfect working order apart from the player 2 trigger button, it was scrapped because it just didnt take any money any more.

the machine stayed in full working order until today, initially it started up fine and played a few games through without any problems at all then in mid-game it started showing wrong textures for all the indoor scenes, the game did not crash when this change happened and it still plays fine.

I haven't grabbed any pictures of the fault yet (mainly because my camera batteries are flat) but was hoping somebody may recognise the fault from the description.

just to be clear all indoor wall & floor textures are messed up, outdoor some floor textures are wrong (looks like a silhouette trees texture) and the water texture does not show

Self test shows all roms / ram to be good
OldFoo

Re: HOTD (the original) with a graphics problem

Post by OldFoo »

Jess-- wrote:I have an original hotd machine that I acquired a few years ago as scrap, the game was in perfect working order apart from the player 2 trigger button, it was scrapped because it just didnt take any money any more.

the machine stayed in full working order until today, initially it started up fine and played a few games through without any problems at all then in mid-game it started showing wrong textures for all the indoor scenes, the game did not crash when this change happened and it still plays fine.

I haven't grabbed any pictures of the fault yet (mainly because my camera batteries are flat) but was hoping somebody may recognise the fault from the description.

just to be clear all indoor wall & floor textures are messed up, outdoor some floor textures are wrong (looks like a silhouette trees texture) and the water texture does not show

Self test shows all roms / ram to be good

Check your voltages are good and its not your PSU going bad,better to be that really easier to replace i suppose.Although if i remember correctly insufficient voltage/power can result in a ram or two showing bad.