Naomi Control Panel use with Sega Dreamcast?

Naomi & all other arcade tech questions forum
OldFoo

Naomi Control Panel use with Sega Dreamcast?

Post by OldFoo »

Yesterday I put my Dreamcast with a VGA Box in my Naomi Universal Cabine. And what should I say, it works great!!!

The qualtity of the picture is excellent on the sanwa monitor!

And my House of Dead 2 with Gun works perfect too!

Is there any possibility to use the Naomi Panel to control the Dreamcast? (For Virtua Fighter 3TB, Soul Calibur etc.)

I have seen some pictures from modified Dreamcast pads. Any ideas? Is ther any adapter?
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

There is a Naomi to Jamma converter, but I'm not sure where you could get one for sure. They appear on ebay sometimes, but maybe someone on the forums would know of a website/seller you can order from.
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

get a pad hack done, this will plug straight into the loom and use the sticks and buttons on the naomi control panel. i think the cost is about ?40 but im not sure. for hotd get a hold of a madcatz gun with auto fire. machine gun the mothers.

cheers

john bud
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

Yeah, pad hacks is an option. You won't find too much information on that stuff here; this is really more a place where people like to run original arcade hardware.

Another alternative is (I think joshua3dg is referring to that) a MGCD. It converrts a dreamcast to JAMMA:

(picture courtesy of http://www.frolicker.com.tw)
OldFoo

Re: Naomi Control Panel use with Sega Dreamcast?

Post by OldFoo »

Norman wrote:Yesterday I put my Dreamcast with a VGA Box in my Naomi Universal Cabine. And what should I say, it works great!!!

The qualtity of the picture is excellent on the sanwa monitor!

And my House of Dead 2 with Gun works perfect too!

Is there any possibility to use the Naomi Panel to control the Dreamcast? (For Virtua Fighter 3TB, Soul Calibur etc.)

I have seen some pictures from modified Dreamcast pads. Any ideas? Is ther any adapter?

http://www.neo-arcadia.com/forum/viewto ... =9&t=21990

Check this link ;) I think that will be the best solution

Ask Mr.Az ;)