Sega I/O Type 1 Digital Inputs won't activate

Naomi & all other arcade tech questions forum
OldFoo

Sega I/O Type 1 Digital Inputs won't activate

Post by OldFoo »

Hi,

I bought a new I/O from a fellow user of the forum, and while the analogue inputs seem to work fine, I can't get the board to say a digital button was pressed. I'm not using any cabinet, just the pinout's from Andy's website.

I've tried wiring P1's start to ground and 5v but nothing makes the input change.

Any help much appreciated.

Thanks,

Naoki
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

Do you have the looms plugged in to the board or are you trying by fiddling in the socket?
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

No looms, just a megadrive pad hooked up to the right pins. I'm using the JST-RA plug and pins, and I'm not using the switch pin. This doesn't work with an atari joystick either, not even jumpering the pins.
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

You got the loop cable from pin 1 to pin 3 which is +5V, sometimes the JVS I/O will not do any DIGITAL inputs till that cable is there.
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

Thanks Andy, got the inputs to work :) I guess #1 is a sense pin.

Anyway, while doing experimenting with that, my Naomi was glitching the graphics. It stopped after wiring the I/O right, but it did it even when the I/O board wasn't connected. It only did it on black+white stuff as colour wasn't affected much.

Like I said, it's stopped doing that but should I worry about this?
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

NaokiS wrote:Thanks Andy, got the inputs to work :) I guess #1 is a sense pin.

Anyway, while doing experimenting with that, my Naomi was glitching the graphics. It stopped after wiring the I/O right, but it did it even when the I/O board wasn't connected. It only did it on black+white stuff as colour wasn't affected much.

Like I said, it's stopped doing that but should I worry about this?

Looks like one of the rams is on the way out..
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

I tested the RAMs before hand, anyway, thanks,