World Kicks

Naomi & all other arcade tech questions forum
OldFoo

World Kicks

Post by OldFoo »

Hi Everyone, im new to this site and im a bit stumped on my world kicks. I recently turned it on and the naomi flashed up on the screen and the screen stayed black, so assumed it was the cart for as i took it out and turned the game back on it had a error.I ordered a cart and pluged it in and the game booted up,but as i tried to have a game the joystick wasnt working but the buttons and the kck ball are working fine,going through the test mode and testing the joysticks, i found that they are hardly registering,the game hasnt been bumped around nor moved and ive checked all the wiring fom the control panel and from the back of the machine.I noticed that in the test mode, there is a code with 3 digits(naomi test),could it be that it needs one as ive put another cart inside it?As ive said everything is working apart from the 4 joysticks not registering,can anyone help me on this,thanx.
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

Welcome.

I would check voltages first. Especially the 5V. This site has a lot of information on how to check for it ;-)

If the Naomi boots up, and you can access the test menu, run all tests (memory, etc). Let us know if you see anything strange.
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

Hi,ive got access to the test menu and going through the i/o test on test switches,the buttons work and the kick pad work but the joysicks only just register on the screen,i have checked the voltages and they are fine, what i didnt mention is the cart that i received was a single board and looks different to the one i had on there originally.Even this baffles me, cause the game is comming up and you can play it apart from the joysticks not working.

The machine is from australia the cart i bought is from the US

http://www.aussiearcade.com.au/showthre ... post518293
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

Brandog wrote:Hi,ive got access to the test menu and going through the I/o test on test switches,the buttons work and the kick pad work but the joysicks only just register on the screen
What do you mean with 'the joysticks only just register on the screen? They do or they don't? ;-)

what I didnt mention is the cart that I received was a single board and looks different to the one I had on there originally.
Could be a board used to link cabinets. Check the third pic in this post: http://www.sega-naomi.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4482
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

Ive gone through the whole machine, ive now got it runnong fine now, stupid me, it was a simple fix, i went through the test mode,i/o test and initialised the system.Sorry,but im still a newbie in naomi systems,thank you for the advice guys.