Do I have power issues to look forward to?

Naomi & all other arcade tech questions forum
OldFoo

Do I have power issues to look forward to?

Post by OldFoo »

I currently have an Alien VS Predator cabinet and was hoping to get a Naomi system running in it. I was planning on using a Capcom I/O and the existing CPS2 power setup. I've heard of the possibility of power problems if I decide to add a GD-ROM setup later.

I really don't want to run two separate power supplies in the cab and I've read that I wouldn't need two if I used the Capcom I/O. Can anyone confirm or deny any problems I may encounter?

Thanks
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

Well, you are right. Running a N1 from a Capcom I/O is fine. Adding the GDROM drive is where is becomes tricky. We strongly recommend not running it all from the Capcom I/O.

You could run the GDROM drive directly from the PSU if it allows for easy modding ;-)

Welcome to Sega-Naomi, btw ;-)
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

I guess I'll cross that bridge when I come to it. Thanks
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

So, let me make sure I got this straight...

For the mean time, running without the GD-ROM setup, I would just hook up the 8 pin power connector from the Capcom I/O to the Naomi board and when I add the GD-ROM, I would disconnect the 8 pin connector from the Capcom I/O and connect it and the 6 pin connector directly to a Sega power supply...right?
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

That's pretty much all there is to it. :smt045