Model 3 Star Wars Trilogy

Naomi & all other arcade tech questions forum
OldFoo

Model 3 Star Wars Trilogy

Post by OldFoo »

Is there a way to change the region on a Model 3 Star Wars Trilogy?

Can anyone please explain which connectors from the sound board go where on the main Model 3 board?

Thanks in advance!
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

With Model 3 i would recommend finding a pdf of the manual and schematics, they're all on Sega's website as most differ game to game think its normally cn7/cn8, been a while tho', but filterboards do differ somewhat.
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

I think the Model 3 region change is still a closely guarded secret that only a few people know.

Speak to Andy at AGS or Craig at Giz10p as they both offer this service.

Correct me if Im wrong but I think the region is re-set when you switch out ROM boards :(

I've yet to get all my Model 3 gear out of storage to have a proper play though.

As for the Audio connections, these should be maped out in one of the model 3 manuals that you can download from http://www.sammyusa.com/archive/

Setch
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

setch wrote:I think the Model 3 region change is still a closely guarded secret that only a few people know.

Correct me if Im wrong but I think the region is re-set when you switch out ROM boards :(

The info is out there, just need to search. ;-)

IIRC, the region should stay unless the battery is removed. Think it stays on a rom board swap.
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

setch wrote:

Or the CPU board... The region is stored in the CPU board and I THINK you can remove the battery without any problems
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

any_gt wrote:
setch wrote:

Or the CPU board... The region is stored in the CPU board and I THINK you can remove the battery without any problems

I believe the region is kept alive by the small cell next to the bigger battery.
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

gbi wrote:
setch wrote:I think the Model 3 region change is still a closely guarded secret that only a few people know.

IIRC, the region should stay unless the battery is removed. Think it stays on a rom board swap.

Unless its been leaked recently or is on a site in another language, ive been searching for a confirmed solution for this for a long time, it certainly wasnt available from any English speaking forums or sites.

Setch
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

setch wrote:
gbi wrote:

Unless its been leaked recently or is on a site in another language, ive been searching for a confirmed solution for this for a long time, it certainly wasnt available from any English speaking forums or sites.

Setch

The info for Daytona 2 is out there for sure (first result in a Google search) and I've changed the region on a couple of Model 3 games before but not a SWT as I don't own the game.
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

Found it cheers, never tried searching for game specific entries :)

will have to give that a try.
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

I've seen the methods posted for Daytona 2. Obviously the 2nd one won't work on SWT as it doesn't have those buttons but when I try the first method of holding down test+service on the PCB during test mode, all it will do is exit the test screen. Is there a certain screen I need to go into before pressing both buttons on the board? It seems like I am missing something obvious here...