Crazy Taxi & 18 Wheeler Questions, Please Help!

Naomi & all other arcade tech questions forum
OldFoo

Crazy Taxi & 18 Wheeler Questions, Please Help!

Post by OldFoo »

ok i got these 2 carts.

My Questions:

1.) Why does it say "Crazy Taxy" with a "y" instead of "i", when the game loads the game loading 31k screen it says "crazy taxi"

2.) Whats these carts worth working?

3.) I own a sega naomi universal and when I load crazy taxi it gets stuck up on the loading 31k screen. The test menu returns all good for ram and rom tests. Is this because i dont have the proper io board for driving?

4.) The 18 Wheeler cart doesnt even load to the 31k screen. It just goes black. Again is this because i dont have the proper io board for driving games in my universal cab? The test menu also returns all good for ram and rom tests?

Thanks for your help. I have a friend who has a naomi driving cab but its a drive and I dont want to take it unless these carts are worth it in price to sell and people cant confirm the symptoms im explaining arent normal when pluggin these games into a normal universal cab lacking the driving io board and hardware.

Thanks to anyone who helps me on this!!!
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

For 1, I'm not sure so don't quote me, but that looks like a sign of a bootleg, but that's me.

For 3+4, make sure you wait, some Naomi games take a while to show anything other than loading screens.
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

NaokiS wrote:For 1, I'm not sure so don't quote me, but that looks like a sign of a bootleg, but that's me.

For 3+4, make sure you wait, some Naomi games take a while to show anything other than loading screens.

def not a bootleg crazy taxi here are some pics.

http://img232.imageshack.us/img232/8271/dscn3461o.jpg

http://img716.imageshack.us/img716/1269/dscn3462g.jpg

also i got 18 wheeler working. turns out that game doesnt have a loading screen and you just need to be patient.

OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

i would say CT is shot.. i see some discoloring on the security ic chip..