Sun PSU: Adjusting voltage - connecting multimeter

Naomi & all other arcade tech questions forum
OldFoo

Sun PSU: Adjusting voltage - connecting multimeter

Post by OldFoo »

Sorry for the noobish question but never been at this point. Last night I noticed that one of my stock Sun PSUs (from a Naomi Uni) has a red lighted LED - it should be green, shouldn't it?

So, should I just play with the pots? I guess not? Well, to read the voltage, is it okay to power up the cab without having a mobo connected and get the voltage reading from the JVS power cord or does the mobo have to be connected? If so, where to connect the multimeter to??
OldFoo

Re: Sun PSU: Adjusting voltage - connecting multimeter

Post by OldFoo »

Akuma wrote:Sorry for the noobish question but never been at this point. Last night I noticed that one of my stock Sun PSUs (from a Naomi Uni) has a red lighted LED - it should be green, shouldn't it?

So, should I just play with the pots? I guess not? Well, to read the voltage, is it okay to power up the cab without having a mobo connected and get the voltage reading from the JVS power cord or does the mobo have to be connected? If so, where to connect the multimeter to??

all psu led I have ever seen are red....but could be green as well...the led just say that the psu is on!!!

to read the exact voltage you should have a naomi or triforce or any other jvs motherboard connected becuase voltage with nothing connected is not the same that with motherboard connected...to have a perfect reading you need a naomi wired and then you can go.

To test the voltages just put black tester pin on one jvs white cable and red tester pin on red 12v then yellow 5V then brown 3.3v

the two voltage you can modify with pots are 3.3 and 5v, make sure that 3.3 is 3.35 and 5V is 5.15v around...

:smt006
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

Thanks for the help Mario. I was confused because one of the PSUs in one of my cabs had a green LED while the PSU in another cab had a red LED.
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

Akuma wrote:Thanks for the help Mario. I was confused because one of the PSUs in one of my cabs had a green LED while the PSU in another cab had a red LED.

welcome....my name is Marco...you confuse me with my frined ginodifagna/Mario..... ;)
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

mar.vetto wrote:
Akuma wrote:Thanks for the help Mario. I was confused because one of the PSUs in one of my cabs had a green LED while the PSU in another cab had a red LED.

welcome....my name is Marco...you confuse me with my frined ginodifagna/Mario..... ;)

Yes, I did indeed :smt006
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

Hey man, Dank u wel!! : D
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

Akuma wrote:Hey man, Dank u wel!! : D

Geen dank, hoor!

:-)