Naomi with neo geo controllers

Naomi & all other arcade tech questions forum
OldFoo

Naomi with neo geo controllers

Post by OldFoo »

I need info on the D button on my neo geo controller

I only have GGram 2K so my A is Punch B is Grab C is throw.

D does nothing and this is where my question relies around.

Am I supposed to look for a Specific Control Panel or is there a

way to program my D but for my wrestler to run/ enter exit the

ring? or am I SOL for now
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

Since you're using a supergun with a capcom I/O, odds are the 4th button is not wired to the kick harness of the I/O for games with more than 3 buttons. The JAMMA harness only technically handles 3 buttons per player. Next to the JAMMA connector on your capcom I/O is the kick harness for buttons 4 through 6. I built custom sticks for my NAOMI setup for this reason, so that all 6 buttons are wired.

according to http://www.sega-naomi.com/software.htm the game only uses 3 buttons per player. I haven't played it but maybe a combination of A+B, B+C, or A+C will provide the function you're looking for. Otherwise you need to get a kick harness to wire the 4th button and probably modify your supergun.
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

Thanks Skate,

How did you wire yours do you have pics?

Do you sell sticks?

I thought that what it was, a whole rewire to play that game. which is something to think over since that D button is Y for that game and vital lol

Doesnt mean I want to but its an option. Have you played World series with the special stick?
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

I have not played world series. I normally don't sell arcade sticks but I'd probably be willing to help you out if I can. I would need pictures of how you have everything set up to know how/if I can help out.

Looking at the capcom I/O I have it looks like pin25 (the first optional pin after buttons 1-3) is actually routed. Have you checked in test mode to see if button D does anything?

What I did for mine was wired the JAMMA harness and the Kick harness to db15's (basically neo geo controller ports) using my own pinout. I wired the sticks to db15's as well, nothing too special. Then you can just use an old macintosh monitor cable to hook the sticks to the system.

http://www.sega-naomi.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4653 this has some pictures of my setup.
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

Nice setup.

I have gone into to jvs and input test and the D and select do nothing.