HotD2 gun adjustment problem

Naomi & all other arcade tech questions forum
OldFoo

HotD2 gun adjustment problem

Post by OldFoo »

Hi all,

I just picked up a House of the Dead 2 cabinet and am having a problem. I have read some of the model 2 gun threads but I'm hoping someone could give me some specific tips for troubleshooting.

Here is the issue:

The gun hooked up on the player 1 side will only register shots erratically. It will usually read as pointing off screen unless aimed at the very middle of the screen. When aimed at the middle the screen the cursor (in gun check mode) is jumpy and erratic.

Player 2 side works flawlessly.

Here's what I have done so far:

When the guns are swapped the problem persists on the player 1 side; it do not follow the gun.

All the IR lights are lit and bright when checked with a digital camera.

What is the next step? Suggestions?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

Good news is your guns are ok as replacing the sensor in the gun is costly to say the least, I think you need a new gun board or just use 2 player side while its ok unless of course you got your hopes on 1 and 2 player co- op that is.
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

I had a similar fault on a HotD a couple of weeks ago: The gun board had been replaced by a previous engineer but the fault persisted.

I traced it to a broken wire (the wire had pulled out of the crimped connector).

It'd be worth double checking all the connections to the gun board

Bill
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

Swap the guns over at the gun board ( not just at the connector points)to eliminate the cabling being at fault same results will show the board to be most likely at fault.
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

thechop wrote:Swap the guns over at the gun board ( not just at the connector points)to eliminate the cabling being at fault same results will show the board to be most likely at fault.

I'm not sure I follow you. I'm a naomi noob so forgive me. When you say swap at the "gun board" not the "connector points" do you mean

connector points = the larger blue and red connectors?

I swapped the guns at the connector (small white) running to the gun i/o. This should eliminate the possibility of wiring trouble?

Also:

What is the going rate for a gun i/o board and is there anywhere to source them anymore other than forums or ebay?

Thanks!