Noisy force feedback motor

Naomi & all other arcade tech questions forum
OldFoo

Noisy force feedback motor

Post by OldFoo »

Hi i have had only 1 problem with my atomiswave driver machine and thats the force feedback makes a what can only be described as whining noise when you turn the wheel.

When central it makes no noise at all but when there is resistance on the wheel the feedback is there and very powerfull.. when a car hits you it rips the wheel out your hands... but the noise is quite noticable. I have removed the brushes and they are hardly worn at all so its not that, as i ve never had a force feedback unit before its all new to me.

Is there any way to turn the feedback down? there is no menu for this in the game is the any other menu's?? i noticed that the jumper 2 on ythe motherboard brings up a system menu, is the settings in there?

The motor board is happ the motor i assume is a happ product also.

any help will be much apreciated.

John
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

All sorted.. Andy posted out replacement motor and swapped out this morning. When turning the shaft on both you could feel the difference was almost no notching on mine when you spun it.

John
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

BTW, for future reference, you can adjust the force feedback (even when there is no adjustment in the test menu) by wiring 1 to 10 ohm wire wound ceramic resistors (the large rectagular ones) in line with both wires running to the Happ/Atari steer motor. You can adjust the force to your liking by by varying the resistor value up or down. Midway did this on many factory Cruis'n and Thunder games and you can sometime find these resistor assemblies for sale if you don't feel like making one. These will get hot when using them so don't place next to other wires, etc.