Sound issues in my crazy taxi sitdown cab!! help!

Naomi & all other arcade tech questions forum
OldFoo

Sound issues in my crazy taxi sitdown cab!! help!

Post by OldFoo »

Hello. I have a crazy taxi sitdown cab. the sound is fluctuating up and down. It is like someone is turning the sound up and down and then it will stop for a bit then act up again. I replaced the sound amp that has the RCA inputs but that changed nothing. I also hooked up different speakers and that changed nothing also. What is going on?

Thanks

Alex
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

Dodgy volume potentiometer?
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

well to give a little more insight on that when i turn the volume up it is very scratchy sounding while I am adjusting the volume. Can any one point me where to buy a new one?

Thanks

Alex
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

Difficult as you haven't put your location in your profile but aren't they just standard 5K pots? You can get them from any decent electronic components store or I'm sure there's loads on ebay.

I know the US Crazy Taxi is different to the UK version in that there isn't a sitdown version here! So don't know what you've got behind the coin door for vol control - the manual should tell you. The crackling while adjusting the volume definitely sounds like a bad pot - I had this on a cab once. Replaced vol pot and all was fine.

Good luck. :)
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

I am in the USA and it is a us cab. I will take a look to see if I can find one on ebay.

Thanks

Alex
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

I replaced the volume potentiometer and that fixed it. Thanks for the help Outrun 2.

Thanks

Alex
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

Great, always good when it's a nice easy (and cheap) fix! :)