Ikaruga On naomicard

Naomi & all other arcade tech questions forum
OldFoo

Ikaruga On naomicard

Post by OldFoo »

Hi ,

I'm lookin for someone who has enough skillz to explain how a naomi card works.

I'm a cartmod addicted , I've done an snes card with flash rom a few years ago.

I don't wanna spent money on a cf reader again and as I'm not a netboot user I'm thinking about doin an ikaruga on a naomi card just for the challenge .

What do you think about that ?
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

I love the initiative! Own design, that SNES flash solution? impressive.
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

thanks cageman :)

That's a 29F032 ( 4mo - 8Bit ) , I've done a double flash card , you can have up to 8mo :)

I Did that in 2008 becoz of all the people used to wire their card with 4x 27C801 ( in order to get 4mo)

(http://nintendoallstars.w.interia.pl/ro ... t_d6_0.htm) , if you want you can wire and old snes port cartidge to your willem and program the flash without open the card...
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

this idea is very interesting ....charge GD-ROM games into a Naomi cart ...

i`ll be the first person in buy a product like this ...

the queston is : the compatibility with the board respect the GD-ROM security codes/keyes for charge this carts...
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

Unfortunately, I'm gonna give up coz... :smt012

1) I need to find a naomi boot card then work on it = spend money + spend time = doesn't sound good :/

2) - I think the price for the Flash memory+ nao card will cost more than a CFkit ...

3) -FInd someone who's has a programmer which is able to write that kind of flash will be difficult too ...
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

It doesn't have to be complex. The Naomi card is just a standard Compact Flash memory card.
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

well...we need men with courage and knowdlege (and time ...) to create the cart...
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

Considering the time, parts, materials and engineering involved in making a 'dev cart', it would be far simpler and cheaper to use the GD-Rom replacement method. From the pictures I've seen of it, the PCB for the GD replacement doesn't look complicated and can probably be reverse-engineered/reproduced. :smt115
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

how about: just build your own flashkit (instructions are online) and flash the update on the naomi so it allows all flashcarts :-)
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

Jackalus wrote:how about: just build your own flashkit (instructions are online) and flash the update on the naomi so it allows all flashcarts :-)

It's realy easy to reproduce that compac flash pcb ... I think you don't realy need to reproduce it. Take a scsi cable then wire all the pin to a cf card adaptor ===> job done or almost done...

My goal was'nt use a cf reader .

What I'm lookin for is use a naomi card , remove all the flashrom then burn some empty flash and try to solder those flash on the card ... ( same as I've done for the super nes card ... ). Finaly it's gonna be too complicated / expansive .