NAOMI in Sega Blast City

Naomi & all other arcade tech questions forum
OldFoo

NAOMI in Sega Blast City

Post by OldFoo »

Hi Guys,

I was wondering if you could help.

I'm trying to setup a NAOMI 1 Mobo with GD ROM in my Blast, but the board doesn't seem to do anything when I plug the power in. I'm using a power splitter to power the GD ROM.

Last night I took the mobo with gd rom to someone with a NAOMI cab to see if the board was knackered. It spun up without any problem.

I've checked the voltage on the Blast, and I'm getting a good 3.3, 5 and 11.5V (should be 12v) out of it.

Can anyone help try to diagnose what's going on? I'm a bit stuck as to what to look at next.

Many Thanks,

John
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

Could you provide some pictures of how it is connected in your blast?
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

At the moment, 2 different ways.

Setting the monitor to 31k and through the d connector and attaching that to the Naomi board. Then connecting the Naomi board to the power via 2 JVS power connectors. At this point I just want it to boot up as I saw on the test Naomi.

Then I try connecting via a Capcom I/o. USB, video directly to the Capcom I/o. Power same as before, then the Capcom I/o to the JAMMA connector. Monitor set to 14k and the firstnaomi dipswitch on to enable 14k mode.

Pictures to follow.

Cheers,

J
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

Ok, so 2 picies, first connecting directly to the power and directly to the video at 31k.

And via a capcom i/o