SEGA NAOMI 2 DISPLAY PROBLEM

Naomi & all other arcade tech questions forum
OldFoo

SEGA NAOMI 2 DISPLAY PROBLEM

Post by OldFoo »

Hello everyone. I just received my Sega Naomi 2 mother board and net dim board that i purchased from marco form this web site and i have a small problem. As i connected the motherboard the board seems to be on(makes sound) but there is no display. I tried in two different Sega naomi universal machines one was running sega naomi 1 and the other is runnung sega triforce motherboard. I tried taking the net dim out and still no display. I hooked up my friends naomi 2 motherboard and it works fine. So i am thinking there is something wrong with the motherboard? From experience the no display is sometimes caused by a faulty bios eprom ? I tried contacting marco but he must be on holidays again so i was that someone else could help me ://///
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

Try another filterboard .
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

the only other one i could try would be the one from my naomi 1 ? can i interchange them two ?
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

Yes you can.
OldFoo

Re: SEGA NAOMI 2 DISPLAY PROBLEM

Post by OldFoo »

emir69 wrote:Hello everyone. I just received my Sega Naomi 2 mother board and net dim board that I purchased from marco form this web site and I have a small problem. As I connected the motherboard the board seems to be on(makes sound) but there is no display. I tried in two different Sega naomi universal machines one was running sega naomi 1 and the other is runnung sega triforce motherboard. I tried taking the net dim out and still no display. I hooked up my friends naomi 2 motherboard and it works fine. So I am thinking there is something wrong with the motherboard? From experience the no display is sometimes caused by a faulty bios eprom ? I tried contacting marco but he must be on holidays again so I was that someone else could help me ://///

no way it can caused by the bios if the sound works fine

before swap the filter board, did you check the display switches?
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

there is no sound thats the thing
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

goatboy wrote:Yes you can.

+1
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

ok so i changed the filter boards, and no luck, however the naomi 2 filter board worked in the naomi 1 so i guess thats a good thing :), anyway i made sure the board had plenty of power ( more than 3.3 v ) still no luck.

The board sounds like its working but there is no sound.......

The only thing that i can think of would be the bios ..... we will see i will let everyone know
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

The board sounds like its working but there is no sound.......

The fan is independent of the motherboard and will function even with important chips inoperable, so going by the box's sound is completely useless. There should be two LEDs in it, but those tend to just show that the board is receiving power.
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

i opened the motherboards plastic cover and the lights were both on it also sounds like it is processing something thats why i came to the conclusion that the board works....