Triforce on TV

Naomi & all other arcade tech questions forum
OldFoo

Triforce on TV

Post by OldFoo »

I have naomi universal cabinet with virtua striker 4. The monitor is really in bad shape so I thought I can replace it with 29 inch TV 100 Hz

Is it possible to output vga signal to euro scart will it work with triforce?

heres example of converter http://allegro.pl/show_item.php?item=1817290896 that I would like to buy

thanks in advance for reply
OldFoo

Re: Triforce on TV

Post by OldFoo »

junak wrote:I have naomi universal cabinet with virtua striker 4. The monitor is really in bad shape so I thought I can replace it with 29 inch TV 100 Hz

Is it possible to output vga signal to euro scart will it work with triforce?

heres example of converter http://allegro.pl/show_item.php?item=1817290896 that I would like to buy

thanks in advance for reply

In theory it's possible. Just make sure the Triforce is set to 15KHz mode and make sure that it's a VGA > SCART, not other way round.
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

ok thanks for the answer.

Can you give me more alternatives for replacing that old monitor? maybe LCD with VGA input?

I saw that people use TV with Jamma and thought that taking signal straight from VGA will be easier with modern CRT TV like 100 Hz :(
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

junak wrote:ok thanks for the answer.

Can you give me more alternatives for replacing that old monitor? maybe LCD with VGA input?

I saw that people use TV with Jamma and thought that taking signal straight from VGA will be easier with modern CRT TV like 100 Hz :(

Well, "purists" will say stick to CRT as it gives better blending properties on older games and gives a more authentic look. If you don't care abou this, then yeah, LCD certainly would be easier and garenteed.

Otherwise the CRT will work just as well. JAMMA outputs the same signals as SCART. The triforce needs to be set to 15KHz via the DIP Switch as to not cause damage to TV/Monitors.

For LCD, 31KHz with a VGA cable is fine, CRT, that cable should do fine, just set the board to 15
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

Thanks.

I will give it a try then.