Scud race audio problems

Naomi & all other arcade tech questions forum
OldFoo

Scud race audio problems

Post by OldFoo »

Figured i might as well put a post in here, as i have some problems with the scudrace cab i recently got (left half of a twin, with the coin box) and i seem unable to figure out how to troubleshoot this.

The problem:

- no sound from seat speakers, at all. No crackling, no noise, nothing. (i did check if there are speakers in the seat, there were).

So i am missing background music during races (i think that's supposed to come out of the rear, is that right?)

- The front speakers give the sound effects, but only the right side works.

In the service menu when i test the sound, i can hear all the sound effects (again, only front right works), but the music is unhearable.

The DSB1 board is powered and the 4 green LED's seem to indicate at least something is happening when different sounds are supposed to be played ^^

I have checked the wiring to the best of my abilities, at least everything seems plugged in, no loose stuff, or broken wires. All boards also seem to be powered.

My knowledge is pretty limited, i like to try and experiment but currently all the wires and boards inside the cab made me unsure, I am unsure what controls what and which parts are possible causes for the sound problem i have.

What's the best approach for this, any pointers are greatly appreciated, it would be nice to identify which part maybe is faulty so I can source a new one