How to wire RGB, ground, Sync with a JVS I/O?

Naomi & all other arcade tech questions forum
OldFoo

How to wire RGB, ground, Sync with a JVS I/O?

Post by OldFoo »

Is it off the Digital connector pins 51-56?

51 Red

52 Green

53 Blue

54 Ground

55 Ground

56 Sync

?
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

I just relised the JVS I/O doesn't even have a VGA input so it obviously doesn't output video to the monitor.

How am I supposed to setup video? Do I need another I/O just for video?
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

I'm confused the I/o just works the controls the video comes direct from the naomi board.
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

Morrigu99 wrote:I'm confused the I/o just works the controls the video comes direct from the naomi board.

How do you connect a VGA cable to the RGB, Ground, Sync Inputs of the monitor chassis? I'm using a arcade monitor not VGA.

Other I/O boards like the sega jamma I/O handle the video too and the video outputs off the jamma harness like normal. So that's why i'm not sure what to do since I'm using the JVS I/O in my setup.
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

With the JVS I/O you are using you can't pass video from the game to the monitor via the I/O. You will have to either use a sega jvs to jamma i/o or make a break out cable of some sort. You will have to cut one end of a vga cable off and wire the correct RGB + Sync to either a jamma fingerboard or wire it directly to your monitor.

My suggestion is to just buy a sega jvs to jamma I/O.

The JVS I/O you are using is designed for a jvs wired cabinet.
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

mr_b wrote:With the JVS I/O you are using you can't pass video from the game to the monitor via the I/O. You will have to either use a sega jvs to jamma I/o or make a break out cable of some sort. You will have to cut one end of a vga cable off and wire the correct RGB + Sync to either a jamma fingerboard or wire it directly to your monitor.

My suggestion is to just buy a sega jvs to jamma I/O.

The JVS I/O you are using is designed for a jvs wired cabinet.

thanks for the info. The reason I'm using the JVS I/O is because I'm wiring this cab to play crazy Taxi. I will cut off one end of a VGA cable and wire it up to my monitor. I looked it up and found the pinout so should be pretty easy.

thanks again
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

Happ sells a VGA to RGB adapter that might help with this issue-->Adapter. That is, if you don't get another I/O as suggested above.

P.S.

This is just a plain adapter and does not convert video. It just supplies a pin-out for a standard monitor.
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

I assumed it was a given he would be making the naomi board output 15k.
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

mr_b wrote:I assumed it was a given he would be making the naomi board output 15k.
Normally, it is a given. I only mentioned it for clarification as there are video converters on the Happ website.